May 8, 2018 at 08:00am (Pacific Daylight Time)
A Soviet Submarine has been intercepted in the North Pacific, 140 nautical miles west of Los Angeles. It's unknown if the vessel is armed with Nuclear Weapons. The Soviet minister for foreign affairs insists that the Submarine is in international waters and therefore has no obligation to abandon it's routine training exercises.
Seemingly trapped in a nightmarish reality of ever changing worlds and environments it's up to you to figure out exactly what has happened on board the stricken submarine and to ultimately save the world from a nuclear catastrophe. First Winter is a first person horror set in the early 1980s during the cold war with a highly distinctive retro style.
In June 2017 Dan Sanderson published a micro horror game on itch.io called Pacific which, to his surprise, was picked up and praised by popular horror YouTubers such as MrKravin, Markiplier, John Wolfe, GirlGamerGab and RaedwulfGamer. Enthused by over 1.5 Million views and featured in Waypoint Vice and IGN's '12 Awesome Games you might've missed', First Winter was born. First Winter is a remake/sequel to Pacific and continues the theme of nuclear war.
- Incredibly unsettling tension from start to finish.
- Multiple endings.
- Nostalgic 80s sound track (Licensed for broadcast).
- Professional voice actors.
- Beautifully crafted levels.
- Translated into German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and Russian.
- Game Development World Championships - Player's Pick Runner Up July 2018 https://thegdwc.com/pages/game.php?game_guid=afa76040-aa67-42ee-95d0-4b68dc2f22d9